The number and variety of wellbeing resources can feel overwhelming – for that reason, we have collated a bank of local and national resources which are relevant to you and will be updated regularly.
To access these free resources:
An evidence-based model for promoting wellbeing. See the Health in Mind website for a helpful guide.
Red Cross Wellbeing & Resilience Toolkit
A simple guide with strategies to support your wellbeing and resilience.
NHS 5 Steps to Mental Wellbeing
Wellbeing and Coping Wellbeing Plan
A simple wellbeing plan to help you map out the strategies that support your wellbeing, including a helpful guide.
Find information relating to mental health and wellbeing, including detailed guides to different mental health diagnoses and strategies for managing mental health. You can also call the Mind Infoline 9am-6pm Monday-Friday for information & signposting relating to mental health
Every Mind Matters
An NHS guide with information about mental health and looking after your wellbeing.
Mental Health UK
Information about mental health issues and ideas for promoting mental wellbeing.
Mental Health Foundation
A website with a variety of resources designed to help people “understand, protect and sustain their mental health”.
This website contains information to support healthy lifestyle changes: losing weight, getting active, quitting smoking and reducing alcohol consumption. Not sure where to start? The website includes a 10-minute quiz which will provide you with a personal health score.
West Sussex Wellbeing
Includes a wealth of resources relating to health and wellbeing, including the option to find support in your local area
Healthy Living and Wellbeing Services for East Sussex
Health and Wellbeing info for Brighton & Hove
Including information about how to contact the Healthy Lifestyles team to get support from a Health Trainer
Take Notice – April 2022
Be Active – March 2022
Connect – February 2022
Need help now?
If you feel that you need urgent help because you are unable to keep yourself safe, go to your nearest A&E or call 999.
Alternatively, contact the Sussex Mental Health Line (24/7) for urgent support, or advice and information: 0800 0309 500
You can also access support in the following places:
- DrinkAware – Help to track and reduce your alcohol intake
- NHS Quit Smoking – Help to quit smoking for good
- Insight Timer – Free access to guided mediations and sleep stories
- 7 Minute Workouts – Offers short workouts to improve fitness which can be done “anytime anywhere.”
- Breathwrk – Offers breathing exercises to help with stress, anxiety and sleep
- Moodfit – Includes “tools, goals & insights” to reduce stress and help build mental fitness
- Tide– Offers integrated support relating to sleep, meditation, relaxation and focus.
- MindMate – combines brain games, healthy nutrition, regular exercise and social interaction to guide users towards holistic lifestyle change to promote health and help diminish cognitive decline.